Gastineau Human Services (GHS) is seeking to hire (2) Residential Addiction Program Associates for our sober living program. GHS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people in Juneau restore their lives when they are adversely affected by addiction, or homelessness or incarceration.
As the Residential Addiction Program Assistant, you are an integral part of the substance abuse treatment team within a group home setting for adult men in the early stages of recovery from addiction. Your main task is to promote recovery from addiction and assist clients with their transition back to the larger community.
As the ideal candidate, you are experienced in working with individuals recovering from addiction, have healthy boundaries, are compassionate, fair, and respectful, have integrity and are a team player. You should also have excellent computer skills, good written and oral communication, time management and organizational skills.
Full-time, Wed.- Tue. 7:00am -7:00pm or 7:00pm-7:00am, one week on one week off. Shifts are 12 hours long, and holidays will be included in the schedule.
Pay Range DOE: $18.39-$23.04 per hour
- Must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience providing direct service in the field of human services, preferred.
- Must have one of the following or obtain with in the first three years of employment
- Chemical Dependency Technician certification or higher
- Behavioral Health Aid certification
- Peer Support Certification
- Ability to work effectively as part of Residential Services team, with persons experiencing addiction.
- Requires background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be able to be insurable by GHS auto insurance with a valid AK Drives License.