$500 Sign-On Bonus!
Pay Range DOE: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
Full-time, Four 10-hour shifts per week
Gastineau Human Services (GHS) is seeking to hire a Behavioral Health Program Associate for our sober living program. GHS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people in Juneau restore their lives when they are adversely affected by substance use, homelessness, or incarceration.
As the Program Assistant, you are an integral part of the sober living team within a housing setting for adult men in the early stages of recovery from substance use. Your main task is to promote recovery from substance use and assist people with their transition back to the larger community.
As the ideal candidate, you are experienced in working with people recovering from substance use, have healthy boundaries, are compassionate, fair, and respectful, have integrity and are a team player. You should also have excellent computer skills, good written and oral communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience providing direct service in the field of human services, preferred.
- Must have one of the following or obtain with in the first three years of employment
- Chemical Dependency Technician certification or higher
- Behavioral Health Aid certification
- Peer Support Certification
- Ability to work effectively as part of housing services team, with persons experiencing substance abuse.
- Requires background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be able to be insurable by GHS auto insurance with a valid AK Drives License.