$500 Sign-On Bonus!
Full Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director, the Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for providing comprehensive, professional substance abuse treatment services.
1. Within an Outpatient Clinic, Substance Abuse Counselor performs comprehensive behavioral health and substance use assessments, assessment updates and diagnosis per DSM-V diagnostic criteria; makes behavioral health treatment recommendations, with an emphasis on substance use treatment in regard to level of care, as per ASAM patient placement.
2. Develops comprehensive behavioral health individualized and/or substance use treatment plans consistent with specific problems identified in the assessment.
3. Provides appropriate treatment plan reviews and arranges internal transition to least restrictive services or referral as necessary.
4. Develops discharge plans, with initiation of such occurring at the time of assessment.
5. Maintains clinical documentation that meets criteria as outlined by corporate policies and procedures, payer sources and professional/ethical regulations. Ability to meet Medicaid documentation and reporting guidelines.
6. Ensures that all services and referrals provided are consistent with assessment and treatment plan goals.
7. Will seek out daily and weekly support, guidance and clinical supervision, ensuring adherence to all professional ethics and documentation standards are implemented.
8. Enter data into Therapy Notes
9. Within an outpatient clinic, performs skillful individual, group (psychoeducational and psycho dynamic), family counseling services, crisis intervention, case management and referral.
10. Obtain continuous professional development to assure that effective treatment services are implemented.
11. Provides psycho-educational groups to clients regarding substance abuse, general mental health issues, and general living skills as needed. 12. Provides coverage for residential counselor when required.
13. Attends weekly supervision, weekly staff meeting, and care coordination meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $29.00 – $33.00 per hour
- 403(b) thrift
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Juneau, AK 99801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Licensed Counselor: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance